L-Pad Dock Seal: LP100The L-Pad design solves the problem of providing a good seal and being able to get full access to the rear of the trailer. It has the sealing capability of a compression dock seal with the versatility of a dock shelter.
Specifications / Submittal
- Polyurethane foam
- Pressure treated and kiln dried lumber
- 4” wide guide stripe on full length of side pads allows easy visibility for drivers.
- Vent holes in side pads allow moisture and air to be released.
- 18” projection is standard for 4 ½” bumper projection.
- Head curtain style header is used for protection from the outside elements. 24” drop is standard.
- Three (3) overlapping wear pleats in corners of the head curtain to prevent sharp trailer edges from damaging the head curtain.
- Wear face made of 40 oz. vinyl material is sewn on to the nose of the L-Pad to give an extra layer or protection.
- Draft pads made of foam and wrapped in vinyl are used to prevent air from entering the building.
- Wear Pleats – Additional layers of fabric are sewn to the face of the side pads and head curtain to add an extra layer of protection to extend the life of the dock seals. These are recommended for docks with heavy traffic.
- Tapered Side Pads – Side pads can be tapered to accommodate sloping drives at no additional cost.
- Split Curtain –18” split in head curtain with Velcro sewn directly to it.
- Block-Outs – Wooden frames covered in vinyl to accommodate a wall set back or a deeper dock.
- Steel Backers – 14-gauge steel channels can be used as the back boards in place of the pressure treated lumber.
- Fire Resistant Vinyl – Fire resistant vinyl is offered in a 22 oz. or 40 oz. weight.